Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Rain & Roses . . .

My husband spent his time off, over Christmas, replacing the windows in our sun room. Number one, he is amazing! Number two . . . now that I can actually see out of our windows to the garden, I have a TON of yard work to do!
Akkkk . . . it is a mess out there. I'm chomping at the bit to get to it!

One of my favorite flowers is a rose. When we moved into this house a few years ago, I found about 20 old variety bushes, swamped by an unforgiving mass of blackberries. (I have the scars to prove it.) It turns out they were planted about 50 years ago, by a dear lady named Florence. We also found her square-dancing dresses in the attic! (Luckily, we were able to return them to her family.) Love old houses! You never know what will pop up next.

Thanks to the rain, the garden will have to wait. Gardening in the rain with two small little kidos is not very productive on my end. It is a blast seeing them splash in the puddles and picking up every creepy crawly known to man. But I get nothing done. Too much fun watching them discover the backyard.

So, I sit and doodle waiting for the rain to let up . . . enjoying my new windows!

No comments: