Saturday, April 17, 2010

Alisa Burke - Graffiti Class!

Oh Boy! As an early birthday present (thank you Kevin!) . .  I got to take a class today with Alisa Burke. I stumbled across her blog and quickly fell in love with her liberating approach to art and beautiful work. I could not believe my luck that she was in our neck of the woods teaching a class!  Alisa is a kick and a blast to create with. 
This is me being a cheesy fan . . . 


It is not everyday that I get to meet an artist, whose work has inspired me to bust through the creative roadblocks that I have surrounded myself with and rethink my own approach to art. I am not just painting out side the box, 
I am ripping it open and painting all over the box! Messy and fun. 
Here are the pieces I created during the class. 









Thank you Alisa!

No comments: