Tuesday, February 22, 2022

small & mighty moments


Hi friends! 

Super excited! My first collection “small & mighty moments” launches March 11th! This collection evolved from a February painting challenge, where the goal has been to paint something floral everyday. I usually paint before work. Not having a ton of time and wanting to not waste paper, I did a few smaller pieces on little scraps, that got a huge response. I was floored. Then the name and “why” of this percolating collection hit me like a ton of bricks. 

I’ve been camping out in my cousin’s Instagram feed lately. Now she has the cutest kiddos on earth… but it’s been the little moments that she has captured that have gifted a chuckle & inspired me. Waking up early to wait for the garbage truck, baking a cake, going on walks, stopping to look at bugs, writing notes to each other… it’s those small but profound moments in life that make a mighty impact. 

One of my favorite small & mighty moments, was being the first person in our family to give my sister a bottle. I think I skipped dinner. 😂 Watching clouds laying on the lawn after playing catch with my dad, stopping to watch a funny cat videos with my teenagers, a cuddle on the couch, sharing a weekday boat ride with my hubby, playing darts with my sister & Nikki, walking with mom through her garden. All these “small” moments make up the most treasured memories I have. 

What are your favorite “small & mighty” moments? 

Have a great rest of your week!

Devyn

No comments: