Sunday, October 14, 2007

Color Matching Wars & Glitter

The dreaded color matching war between computer and printer is driving me nutz! The ol' HP C6180, up till now, has been brilliant. Ugggg....I recently scanned new snow people designs and the blue highlights vanished. Either I am quite the magician, or my computer is on a very creative "strike." Bummer.... Luckily the doodling is going well.
Due to the run of ideas, I've been up pulling all nighters a few times this week. I'll work till 1 or 2am, then baby wakes up and can't get back to sleep. I think she's teething. On top of that good ol' Hubby wants me to dump the coffee habbit cause we are trying for baby #3. HA! I'm doomed.
I have gone to the glitter side. It is amazing what a touch of glitter can do to your average greeting card. WOW! The only problem is the glitter/glue combo runs the ink on the card. Acrylic with sparkles, glue and dry glitter separately, pray hard and cross my fingers . . . I'm attempting to remedy the problem.
On the paper search . . . thought I'd be "cool" and find a more glossy, glitzy paper to print my cards on. Tried glossy and matte coated papers that were more slick than the card stock I've used. Unfortunately lots of ink bleeding EVERYWHERE! I hate to waste paper. I think I got the wrong type for the printer or it just doesn't like me. Well fine then...I resorted back to the good old reliable card stock (80lb). Not fancy but prints great. Guess I'm just not a glossy girl.

No comments: